The Tuscan tuna sandwich is a fuss-free snack approved by moms everywhere. Not only can it be prepared in a jiffy (no cooking required), it is also full of flavour and is a healthier option for the whole family.
Here’s the recipe for you to try:
- 60g mayonnaise
- 30g plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 50g canned tuna
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ciabatta roll, halved lengthwise
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 egg, hard-boiled & sliced
- 10g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup fresh rocket leaves
- In a food processor or blender, combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, olive oil and mayonnaise until smooth. If needed, thin with just a little water. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the blended sauce into a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, gently combine the drained tuna with the olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cut the loaf of ciabatta in half lengthwise and then generously spread both halves with the blended sauce. Now spread the tuna mixture over the bottom half of the ciabatta. Layer the avocado and egg on top. Toss on some rocket leaves. Crumble the feta cheese over and season with pepper. Add the top half of the ciabatta and gently push down on the sandwich to help it stick together.
- Wrap the sandwich in cling film and place in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Enjoy this yummy Road Trip Treat on your next day out – discover Singapore’s Ultimate Picnic Spots!
This spacious 7-seater Mitsubishi Outlander SUV is designed with more room for the entire family and more room for fun without compromising safety (seven airbags, anyone?). Easily prepare for your family’s next adventure with flexible seating and storage configurations: the second and third row seats fold flat down giving you ample space for bulky items such as prams, bicycles, and scooters – perfect for families on-the-go!