Avocado egg rolls have always been crowd-pleasers and you can never go wrong with them. They are healthy and easy to make, and make the perfect finger food for picnics.
Here’s the recipe for you to try:
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoon plain Greek yoghurt
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 3 to 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
Using a marker pen and the diamond-shaped piece of paper, trace the outline of your kite’s sail on the cellophane wrap. Cut out the sail using a pair of scissors.
- In a large bowl, add the avocado, yoghurt, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon until evenly mixed.
- Spread some of the mixture over a tortilla. Top with egg, yellow pepper, tomato and sprinkle on some coriander. Roll up tightly. Repeat for every tortilla.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 30 mins). It’s easier to slice when chilled.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to take on your road trip.
Enjoy this yummy Road Trip Treat on your next day out – discover Singapore’s Ultimate Picnic Spots here!
This stylish urban SUV is perfect for big groups and families with ample space to boot; it has a cargo capacity of up to 416 litres and a wide tailgate for bulky items and a level boot floor. Command the road with ease and comfort with its raised hip point and elevated driver’s seat.